giovedì 3 luglio 2014

ASUS Memo Pad 8 USB Drivers (Android development , ADB)

Hi all,
if you are trying to develop using a Windows pc connected to a ASUS Memo Pad 8 and like me have problems because ADB doesn't see the device (adb devices return empty list), try to go to device manager and check how many devices you see related to the tablet.
I had 2 :

1.KOOL (microsoft drivers)
2.Another one (I don't remember the name, could be KOOL again) with an exclamation point

The first (kool) it seems it doesn't matter, I had the driver running but ADB was not working.
The problem is the second one.

After many tries I discovered that the correct drivers are (incredibly) automatically loaded by windows online !
Exactly, right click, update software driver, search online and you are done.

I lost a lot of time because it was not working, simply because my Windows update service was disabled :(
Once enabled I solved the issue.

In case the online update is not working for you, I copied the driver folder downloaded by windows for you, please take note it's for windows 7 64bits (maybe it also works for other 64bit W version, Vista and 8 but I dind't tested so at your own risk)

Uncompress it somewhere, then go in device manager, right click on the device with the exclamation point, update drivers, search the driver in the computer, browse to the folder where you uncompressed the file and you should be ok

http://webcoding.altervista.org/files/AsusMemoPad8_W764.zip

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento